Big Problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

algu7344

In Runtime
ok guys sorry i didnt add this to the other thread, but this problem has escalated.

I put back on my stock fan. and when i went to bios. i checked cpu temp 96 degrees celcius and rising! I immediately turned off the system. for those of you who dont know. I put a other heatsink on, wasnt working. so i put my stock fan back on. What is going on? all i did was replace a damn heatsink. I am gonna put my processor in my brothers pc. He has the same mobo as me. We will see what happens. Thanks guys. Oh yea my cpu is a prescott 3.2 HT.

Thanks guys Please respond quickly!

That heatsink and those cpu fans i suggested would work great. First, how have you been controling that heatsinks fan RPM?

yes new heatsink and fan working, and yes i did apply thermal paste to the new heat sink. I am calling intel, see if i can get my warranty. If not, buying a new cpu today.

Your better off using the stock HSF. I used an aftermarket HSF and it sucked compared to the stock one. The reason it works so well is because of thermal tape. NOT GREASE

Maybe its different for intel chips. But when I went from the stock hsf and thermal pad to a thermaltake silent boost hsf and artice silver thermal greese I had much better temperatures than before. But all this was with an athlon xp chip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom