MAC vs PC - What do you Prefer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Windows. Because I like the software selection and although I do know my way around the Mac OS I prefer the Windows interface as I find it much easier to use. I Don't really care if Mac has the "fastest personal computer". My system works just fine.

Here are my system specs

ASUS A7V333 Mother Board
AMD Athlon 1.8ghz CPU
512mb 333mhz DDR RAM
60 GB 7200 RPM Hard Drive
6GB 5200 RPM Hard Drive
GeForce 4 ti 4800se 128mb Graphics Card
Pioneer 16x DVD-ROM Drive (52x CD)
Plextor 24/10/40x CDRW
Acer 40x CD-ROM
Windows XP Home Edition
Cable Modem

I prefer Macs because they are more tailored towards the thing I do as computer hobbies (photo editing, video editing and things)

The advantages and disadvantages would me too numerous to list right now, so Im not even going to bother.

My computers:

Mac 1:
"Quicksilver" G4 desktop tower

933 MHz Motorola PowerPC "G4"
256K L2 Cache/2MB L3 cache
133MHz System Bus--->
1024MB PC133 SDRAM
60GB (7200RPM--->UATA/66) IBM Deskstar hard drive
Pioneer A03 DVD-R drive
nVidia Geforce4 Ti 4600 (128MB)
Apple 17" Studio Display (LCD)
Klipsch Promedia 2.1 speakers (THX Certified)

Mac 2:
Aluminum Powerbook (12")

867MHz Motorola PowerPC "G4"
256K L2 cache
266MHz System Bus--->
640MB PC2100 DDR-SDRAM
40GB (4200RPM--->ATA/100) Toshiba hard drive
Matshita DVD/CDRW combo drive
nVidia GeforceGo 420 (32MB)
Airport Extreme (802.11b/g)
12" LCD

PC:

Compaq Presario

2.66GHz Pentium 4
533MHz System Bus--->
512MB PC2700 DDR-SDRAM
120GB (7200RPM---> ATA/100) hard drive
ATI Radeon 9000 (64MB)
Dual Drives: 48x CDRW, 16x DVD-ROM
17" NEC Flat Panel Display
Altec Lansing 2.1 speakers
XP Home

I really don't like either, but I use Windows because of compatibility. Windows is too all-around stupid, and Macs don't agree with me, I always manage to crash them somehow.

I'm really ready to try Linux.

Oh goodness...

Macs are WAY better than PC's because of their stability. If your computer isn't allowing you to do anything, what good is it? Mac's are better at graphics work i.e. photoshop, illustrator, maya, etc... Macs have better standard equipment i.e. Nvidia and ATI cards, High quality monitors (built in or not) And Macs have more software tailored just for macs.

PCs, are way better than macs due to their compatability. das about it...

Macs are worse than pcs due to their lack of compatability, however, Mac OS X "panther" is attempting to solve that by coming loaded with more drivers and such. Macs are harder(nearly impossible) to modify. And sometimes, even though i'm against taking your computer apart and messing with it, mods can do wonders fer yer health. Macs also cost alot more, and i beleive this is the biggest reason of all that more people don't have them. Their philosophy is why buy $6,000 worth of computer equippment that's just gonna be bested in three months when I can build a computer with the same stats for less than half of that?

It's all about quality

And finally, PCs are worse than Macs because they freeze. Often. More than I would expect from something I payed cash money for. And, the PC world is full of third part hardware/software and that is good to a point. But not everything works the way it's supposed to. i.e. recently, i bought a 512mb keychain flash media doohicky. And when I tried to move pictures from my computer to the Yearbook computer, I got an error message saying that the media card was not compatible with all versions of win98. How many are there? I thought there was only one. And, face it. More people use PC's for games and entertainment than anything else.

In my opinion, computers were designed for working. The first computer was not built to play pong. It was a calculator that just happened to take up an entire room. But it was still a calculator. They used it for working purposes.

So this is why I choose to use a Mac.

-end my 2nd rant-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom