6800 Ultra or X800 XT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dartgande

In Runtime
Not trying to start a verbal war about nVidia or Radeon, but perhaps find opinions on which, of their latest model video cards, is better.

I found this website which put the two through a series of tests on current video-games, and it shows you the benchmarks of both cards and a summary about each.

http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=1578

The final page, and the last paragraph seems to summarize things nicely. I am in the process of building a new pc, but not to the video card yet. I am going to get the X800 XT.

I think that ATI supports their cards better when the newer models hit, so yes, if you don't plan upgrade in a year or two, get the X800XT, or better yet get the X800XT Platinum Edition, or even better (!) wait a month or two, and get the X850XT Platinum Edition...
Good luck
Yan

I like the X800 XT better because since they are both pretty much equal in terms of performance, the X800 just plain looks better the the green blocky Nvidia card:)

its like comparin apples with oranges, both cards are totally different.. just find reviews for each, benchmarks and decide on ur needs and work it out from there

lol scew it all! I am gonna start a company that beats both of them, and we will be called, "Bad ass cards with the highest benchmarks that only requires one PCI slot, needs only a 420 watt power supply, and can make coffee too!". or, for short, "BACWTHBTOROPSNOA420WPSACMCT". See who is laughing then! MWHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I've read three comprehensive reviews about the X800 XT being better at most current games, but why is this? Especially with AA turned on, then it really seems to shine. I'll probably upgrade in 1-2 years anyways, but the X800 seems to be most peoples recommendation, however most are saying "X800 XT today, but a GeForce Ultra for tomorrow".

They said that because Geforce 6800 Ultra supports Shader Model 3.0, while none of the ATI current cards do.

Unless you have tons of money and don't know what you're doing, the Ultra is a waste. The 6800GT is cheaper, the same exact card, and you can overclock it safely to Ultra speeds.

Through the hundreds and thousands of similar questions regarding the x800 series and the 6800 series, well over 75% of the TF users state that the 6800 card is better than the x800 series. Then, if one looks at the benchtests, the 6800's whomp the x800's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom