Windows Reinstall help

Status
Not open for further replies.

biggysmall

Beta member
Hi all, I'm obviously a newb to this forum so please have mercy on me.

Here's my situation:

I just upgraded my computer from an old athlon 800 to an athlon 64 3200+. Stupidly, I blindly just changed my motherboards out. Now, my computer reboots everytime windows attempts to load the motherboard's chipset drivers, which are for the old motherboard.

Now this is easily fixed by repairing the installation (reinstalling). But the problem is I've lost my folder that had my product key in it. I have a legit copy of XP Home, etc etc, I just can't find my product key, so I can't even reinstall. I've seen all of these programs which allow you to view your product key in Windows (MagicJellyBean, ViewKeyXP, etc), but the problem is, I can't get into windows -- not even safe mode.

I have been able to make a boot disk on another computer with NTFSDos on it, so I can access my drive through a DOS bootdisk.
Does anyone know of a DOS-based key viewer??

Or, alternatively, does anyone here have the coding acumen to recompile a key viewer for DOS? I found a windows key viewer that has source code, but I wouldn't really know what to do with it. If anyone wants to take a stab at it, see: http://www.licenturion.com/xp/
The source code is at the bottom.

I'm really in a bind here, and it seems my only option is to buy another copy of windows! I don't want to do that! Please someone help me!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom