Will I be able to add more RAM in this mobo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure can, up tp 4gb.

Main Memory

• Supports four unbuffered DIMM of 2.5V DDR SDRAM.
• Supports up to 4GB memory size without ECC.
• Supports Dual channel DDR266/333/400MHz and up.

meepins said:
I have MSI 865PE Neo2

Will I be able to?

Thanks!

you're good to go!

it's often easiest to use the same RAM you have in now, when you upgrade, just to prevent any mis-configurations happening.

just not sure if the kingston will be incompatible w/ your OCZ, and if you are using Dual Channel mode, they always say use the same brand w/ your mobo to prevent any problems.

but it's your call.

oh, just wondering why you don't opt for a single 512mb stick now (which is like $70) and then later put another 512mb stick in....your puter will thank you for it.

cause you know, with that mobo, you have a lot of options for memory later down the road.

just a suggestion...but yeah, you're mobo will support up to 1GB in each slot.

just like mine.

^^meepins,

ahhhh, you're first post said you have a 865PE, but you just now said i856PE, i'm assuming you just had a case of dyslexia, but i personally have never dealt w/ TigerDirect....just heard of all the bad news about them, if i were you i would just go w/ the actual MSI site, and their qualifications for the correct RAM. Not sure if Tigerdirect just wants to sell to everyone to make a buck...you're call.

"Will mushkins RAM fit in my comp?"---well any 184pin stick will "fit" but being compatible is another issue.

but i know a lot of ppl who swear by Mushkin RAM, they seem pretty good...if you're really nervous, you could try emailing MSI and asking them...maybe their list hasn't been updated yet.

i see that tigerdirect has a limited amount of DDR400 RAM, ever think of shopping at www.newegg.com?

you'll be blown away by their selection.

Crucial, Corsair, OCZ, Kingston would be my first choices..seeing as MSI has already approved them.

but if you like to take chances, go w/ Mushkin.

Oops I meant just 865PE not i865PE o_O
Yeah I do know what newegg.com is but the thing is I'm in Canada. :( and newegg don't ship to Canada yet. Brands like Crucial, Corsair, OCZ, Kingston are out of my budget. I would like to go with mushkin if it is compatible (fits and works well) with my mobo.

I'm not sure, I could get a mushkin RAM today or wait another month or two and get OCZ RAM.

All I'm worried about is if it will fit and work well, I don't really care about the performance and overclocking or w/e.

Thanks alot

hey, cheer up, canada's not that bad, at least you don't have Bush as your president...doh!

i understand now about not being able to order from newegg, bummer man, sorry about that.

well, i know what it's like to want a part so badly....it wouldn't hurt to order that Mushkin RAM, seriously, if you get it and it doesn't work, then you have every right to RMA it back to them and ***** up a storm , say that the site says it's compatible, rip em' a new one, if they are a reputable company, they will help you out w/ that order.

what i like to do is read ppl's reviews also, cause sometimes they have the same setup as you, and things work out....look at this

OCZ reviews

look at the last (actually first response dated on halloween 2003), the guy says he has the same board as you and it worked!! so i say you're in luck..go for the Mushkin.

good luck meepins!

^^^^ oops, i don't think that link worked.

ok, you're going to have to find it yourself.

follow these steps...

1. type www.newegg.com

2. click on "memory"

3. to the left, pull down Mushkin.

4. Type: 184 pin DDR Dimm

5.Capacity 512mb (2x 256 mb)

6. Speed PC3200

7. click Search

8. choose that first one for $113

9. read the "Reviews".

whew, hope that works, sorry about the link, don't know why it wouldn't work.

but that's the long way to do it....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom