First Time computer build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I think I've put like $800 total into my machine and I'm still on socket A :p

Granted it's because I've slowly had to acquire 'high performance' parts and when I did my case mod I put like $100 into cooling alone, but my system still needs one more part, a graphics card to be what I consider 'perfect' :p

Point is $500 is a good amount to build a fairly decent budget machine, but games like doom3 are very taxing and you'd need some good parts to go along with it for it to play smoothly.

I'd suggest getting a gig of RAM high performance or not, doesn't really matter IMO....if you are overclocking high performance is worth it, other than that you're fine with valueRAM

Then you'd need a decent Graphics card which currently your best bet would be to try and save for the 6600GT atleast which is $220

A good strong PSU, because generally the ones that come with cases are crap. That's why I got a thermaltake 560w PSU, which alone was $100 but it's worth it because I've never even come close to taxing it to the point it can't handle.

And of course the CPU.....best bet unless you wanted to get into overclocking would be to get the best AMD64 mobo and CPU you could afford but that's easily $300+ right there.

So like gaara said you should try and save up for like $750 and I think you could get a much better machine

okay so i could get a nice machine if i get like 800 bucks i guess i can save up...building a computer is cheaper then buying already buying premade ones like dells right?

Building your own PC is alot cheaper most of the time

But sometimes, pre's are a bit cheaper spec vs spec, with buying XP and all that, and the pre's have cheaper parts though.

But for anything above 400$, building your own is the way to go.

got it so i gotta save up...i hate not be old enuf for job :(.......but thanks everyone i learned alot about building a pc!?:cool:

StrifeX said:
does any one know of any guides on building a pc? I have the monitor, key board, cdr drive , dvd drive can i build a gaming pc by spending under 500 bucks ?

there are some guides to building a PC; like "building a PC for dummies", "how to build a PC", not to mention you can find good websites that will teach you the basics, and computer magazines would help you out there too, and what to buy....You can build a gaming rig for $500...but honestly i would spend at least $800 or better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom