maya or paint shop pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

rookie1010

Fully Optimized
Hi
I wanted to make some images, and i had a go with paint shop pro. i was wondering if i should just forget about paint shop pro and work with maya or 3d max. since i could design 2 d images with them too. i mean why learn how to work with 2 softwares is maya/3dmax can do both 2d as well as 3d.

also is maya better or 3dmax?

Dude, Maya is strictly for 3D animation & modeling. I've been using it for a while and as far as I can tell I have never found any image editting capabilities with it. You might want to pick up a trial version of photoshop or use GIMP instead of paintshop. maya and XSI is high end software, 3dmax is cheaper though.....but ya know what? something tells me money is not an issue with this. why not try em both?

what is the easiest to use
photoshop
GIMP
Paint shop pro

i remmeber using psp 5 it was not that difficult to use, the latest version is not that user friendly?

dude, maya goes with photoshop. I use them both, if you wanna make cool wallpapers and crap, try maya, and then edit your photos in photoshop. Photoshop is easy to use and h*!! of powerfull. Maya is also hard to learn, right now I am learning some medium level crap, but there'z so much to the program... try go to alias.com and get the free maya PLE see if you like it. for photo editing, i strongly reccomend photoshop

Doesn't matter what you use, dude. Whatever works easiest for you and converts to a format Maya recognizes. Other than that, who cares? I use Corel-PhotoPaint and Macromedia-Fireworks myself, but that's just me...(and the fact that PSP sucks).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom