New System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, today's games wouldn't even come close to using all the power that two SLI cards have to offer, although as pointed out earlier, programs like CAD would probably benefit from SLI.

Just to give you an idea, I usually custom build computers for about $50-200 (plus the cost of the hardware and software), depending on what I am asked to do.

You kinda are right, as SLI in many games did not offer a large improvement. However the peformance was close to doubble in very GFX intensive benchmarks.

SLI only had an real advantage of around 1/3 in a few of the newer games.

6800GT maybee the best way to go (okay it is)

SLI is FASTER, but not enough to justify the cost. SLI is close to 50% faster, but it should be twice as fast to justify the cost;)

SLI is not made for 1024x768 resolution. SLI is indeed made for gaming, but gaming at resolution higher or equivalent to 1600x1200. SLI kicks in at higher resolution. Hardcore gamers would love SLI, because at higher resolution you can still enjoy crisp and stable gameplay.

"Buy it" buy the sli double die 2fr2 eye for eye. Buy it high buy it low buy it anyway you go. Over here over there doesnt matter its everywhere.Money saved money spent when your done you`ll wonder where it went.

Their are no workstation cards that I know of that work in SLI, unless NVIDIA came out with one.
The new SLI technology may be new, but the idea of dual graphics cards ain't. The graphics, CAD, and CGI industries have been using them for years.

Anyway, I thought I saw somewhere that the 6800GT's and Ultras had models that were SLI capable?

Anyway, it's kinda pointless to spend all that money and have all that power for a game that either doesn't utilize the power you've got, or only uses so much power and wastes the rest.

If it's running great, you can't make it run any better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom