monitor problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

jblaze725

In Runtime
I reformatted my hard drive and reinstalled windows on my pc. Now my monitor won't display in it's native resolution. I reinstalled my graphics drivers and my native resolution doesn't come up as one of the display options. I've done it time after time with the same results. I have a dell 2005 fpw widescreen lcd and before the reformat everything was working fine, now I can't get my display working properly. Anyone with any suggestions please help.

check the dell site for custom drivers for the display. it's possible that they require them as widescreen displays sometimes do....

Also....

be sure to check through Dell Support's download section for your PC. You should download and install any Chipset drivers and the like for your PC. Also doesn't hurt to run Windows update and look at the Third option down on the left pane for device driver updates...... you may find it there as well.

i all ready installed my chipset drivers but ill try the dell drivers and also windows updates and see if that helps. its funny because when i first got the monitor i just plugged it in and it automatically just set up at native resolution. now i cant get it there at all.

ive tried windows updates and dells site for drivers and no luck. in fact i tried to uninstall my monitor drivers and video drivers to see if it would reinstall them by itself and work but now when it reboots it goes through the regular startup and then when it gets to the point where my windows startup screen should be on the monitor says cannot display or something like that. i need some definite help. im not sure what the hell happened when i reinstalled but its definitely not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom