80-100 FPS for half life two?

Status
Not open for further replies.
not bad... i never drop below 200 FPS on my other pc, but then again you can't even notice a difference after 25-27 FPS.

vsynch on is usually better (stops screen tearing). course if you dont have that problem, than yeah... leave it off. if you have image problems or want to see if it gives a better image, turn vsynch on.

killians45 said:
vsynch on is usually better (stops screen tearing). course if you dont have that problem, than yeah... leave it off. if you have image problems or want to see if it gives a better image, turn vsynch on.

this man is right. vsynch will limit your frames, but it will offer a much smoother image. half-life 2 doesn't have a problem with tearing... but the Doom 3 engine just stinks. so if u are playing it, force vsync.

i think i know what this "tearing" is and i have it in hl2. it seems to happen when u turn real quick. to use vsynch with higher fps, u turn up the refresh rate of the monitor?? i also have some small studders in hl2, only once in a while...

well i know that mine is hella smooth, and i run it at 1600x1200 or higher sometimes with full aa and antisop with vsynch off. i also run doom 3 at ultra at 1600x1200 with everything max and i havent had it stutter once either

It must get you sexually aroused to brag or something. Anyone with half a brain can tell by looking at the sig whether or not that computer would play stuff smooth. No need to continually rub it in peoples faces or somethin. :rolleyes:

Nubius said:
It must get you sexually aroused to brag or something. Anyone with half a brain can tell by looking at the sig whether or not that computer would play stuff smooth. No need to continually rub it in peoples faces or somethin. :rolleyes:

Maybee he doesnt know enough people to brag to in real life. The other good thing about life is, i have a better computer than everyone else :) it's not that way on the internet.

And about not notiching a difference between 25-27 FPS, i notice frame rates up untill about 60

The other good thing about life is, i have a better computer than everyone else it's not that way on the internet.
lol yeah DJ, same with me. I have a better computer than anyone I know hands down, BUUUUUT you come online and I'm in the dark ages with a POS according to some because I'm still socket A :p

DJ-CHRIS said:
The other good thing about life is, i have a better computer than everyone else :)

u haven't met chipx yet... he sent me some pictures of his rig with the "high pressured liquid ice (?)" cooling... lol... words couldn't explain the coolness (literally) of this thing! last time i checked though he was banned. it's too bad. he was a nice guy and offered great advice. he was kinda an ass with some members though so i don't blame whoever had him banned.

However in real life, you can neither brag nor complain about temperatures, because it's the same for the other person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom