What's the noise?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No clue, that's why I RMA'd my hard drive lol because I started hearing clicking......I'm hoping it was the drive I RMA'd and not my 80gb backup as that'd be a tragedy if that thing failed

EDIT: but if I had to guess I'd say it's the disks, the platform they are on, the motor, etc..etc..

Some are silent as all hell though

I don't mean the unusual noises like clicking. I mean normal noises every HD makes. Older HD's are louder. But what parts cause this? :confused:

well the clicking isn't always unusual. I've had drives that do it normally. But I still say it's simply because of the motor or something alike

What makes noise the the motor inside that makes the platters spin. I dont know why the old ones are so loud but I know newer ones are silent becuase of something called Fluid Bearing TEchnolgy.

I would also like to point out that something moving at 7200RPM makes, just a bit of noise.

Well the read/write head is moving over the groves(tracks) on the HD like a record player except it is moving at extreme speeds so it makes a noise while it does it, like when you scratch a record.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom