New motherboard + processor

Status
Not open for further replies.
MSI has OC'ing in windows too, BUT I don't ever recommend OC'ing within windows if you can do it in the BIOS. It's a much more reliable and stable way of OC'ing so I don't consider that as weight going towards one board over the other.

Also Trifid typod here:

that one on ebay is socket 939, and it would not be compatible with that board.
The one on ebay is socket 754 not 939, and you want 939, so dont bother with the ebay one.

Regarding '3rd eye' he's referring to a specific board. The ABit AV8-3rd eye, it comes with all software you need for temp monitoring and/or OC'ing but so does MSI. They have something called Corecenter that does the same stuff, only no quite as in depth.

BUT like I said I suggest if you want to overclock you become familiar with the basics, and also familiar with the BIOS layout and OC through the BIOS not windows.

Ehh, I was hoping that to be my last question but my friend brought something to account. He said to wait a year, because everything will soon be PCI express, and if I upgrade now, I will just end up upgrading to PCI express, so it is wisest just to wait a year? Your thoughts?

PCIe is not sweat. Go AGP, AGP will last for at least 2-3 years longer because 99% of the market is still on AGP and less than 1% are on either PCIe or some ancient computer (hah!). It would mean bad business for graphics chipset makers if they chose to make video chipsets only for PCIe interface since 99% of their sales are in the AGP department.

Are you sure it's 99%? I think AGP has 60-70% of sales now.

Also OC'ing in BIOS is better, because you can fux up your PC OC'ing in windows too easily.

Yes it is 99%...PCIe hasn't even taken over 5% of the market. It won't be anytime soon. Remember, most computer users are the kind that buy a computer and buy a new one every 3-5 years. Do you think we will get anywhere close to that percentage you stated? Answer is no. We will get to that percentage by the beginning of next year and that is a hope also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom