Overclock with easy tune ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

geekster

In Runtime
I have a p4 2 gig . Gigabyte has a program to overclock with called easy tune. Has anyone used this program and have any tips to give me. Current clock speed is 100 @ 2ghz

Never used it but windows based OC'ing is iffy. Stick with the BIOS if you really want to OC.

IMO it's better for the CPU's attributes to be changed, but only set once it's been rebooted than it is to try and change the CPU's attributes while it's still processing data know what I mean?

yeah i don't know about overclocking your cpu with software - stick to your bios for sure for that. I have though oc'ed my video card with software though and its working fine.

Well you can't OC your video card in the BIOS anyway so windows based is your only option, unless there's some DOS or BIOS based vid card OC'ing I'm not familiar with.

I have EasyTune. Its really good. You can set CPU fan speed/temp alarms without restarting to get into the bios.
Also you can OC your CPU without going into the BIOS

geekster said:
I have a p4 2 gig . Gigabyte has a program to overclock with called easy tune. Has anyone used this program and have any tips to give me. Current clock speed is 100 @ 2ghz
I take it that you have a FSB of 400mhz and a multiplier of 20?

Next question. Has anyone overclocked a p4 2.0ghz ? How far did you go? I have a good cpu fan and a case fan also. My cpu runs cool at stock clocking. How far can I go?

Re: Re: Overclock with easy tune ?

uzi9mm said:
I take it that you have a FSB of 400mhz and a multiplier of 20?

I hope to god it isnt 20 (i think you mean 10 lol)
that would be 4gigs... which would be a 100% overclock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom