install cd RW

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaO_xTc_RaVeR

In Runtime
about to install a CD RW
should i make it primary or slave?
whats the difference between Analog and Digital
and on the Big grey IDE cable, which one is for Master and which one is for Slave?

And for the Power + Audio cable, should they already be there or do i have to buy a second pair?

Hi

If you have a newer cd burner and a fast system you can set it up pretty anyway you want, with a older system and cd burner you should put it on its own cable as master if possable or at least master on a shared cable.The plugs on the cable isnt what makes master or slave its the jumpers on the drives that you need to set.you can make one master and one slave and put them on either plug.When it comes to the sound cable if you want to plat cds with that drive you need the cable for sound.
Later

ok i got a pretty new computer,
a question tho
analog/digital boggle.
but the plug that actually goes in those, where is it located?
i know i have one in the cd rom in my tower currently

when i open it up, i need to add another one.
where will i find this other audio cable for my cd burner? (which will be added(

The cable should have come with your burner,You can just use your cd rom for music if you have one also_Or you could just switch the plug from cd rom to burner.Im not sure about the differance between digital and anlog.Digital is newer.I use anlog,
digital wont work on my system havent read up on it to see why, I cant get it to work But I dont really care much anyway.

If you type digital Versus Anolog on your search engin it will give you lots of info. Sorry about my shitty spelling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom