New motherboard + processor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mystikast

Baseband Member
Okay, so it's time. I HAVE decided (finally) to get a new motherboard + processor. I am looking for an AMD 64-bit processor, hopefully 3600 or so (or as high as I can find under $250), and of course, a new motherboard (hopefully under $115). Now I have limited knowledge of motherboards. Can anyone set me up with a good motherboard that is compatible with an AMD processor and DDR ram? Also, does anyone know a good place to buy either of these items? Thanks...

I would go with what gageMW said, with maybe the third eye, as the uguru clock is a very useful tool.

Hmm, both of you gave me the same processor, so we can agree on that, but however: which motherboard is better? Because that will be the determining factor.

Honestly either motherboard you choose will be more than enough to meet your demands. MSI has 8 channel audio whereas ABit has 6 and that's like the only difference.

I'd suggest ABits AV8-3rd Eye though if you decide to go the ABit route.

Both boards will have tons of options in the BIOS for overclocking if you cared to or even if you didn't it's nice to have those extra features for perhaps in the future if you choose to OC.

Basically you would be safe tossing a coin in the air to decide which board to get as I always suggest those two when people consider their boards.

Uguru is definitely a very nice troubleshooting addition that ABit has added to their boards and it has a 2 digit LED that lights up that will also assist you in troubleshooting if your PC doesn't boot up upon putting it together.

ABit has VIA chipset but the nice troubleshooting features.

MSI Has nforce chipset but no special troubleshooting.

Like I said it's a really close toss up and no doubt you'd be happy with either.

Okay, I've decided on the http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=80701-2-241143 Not sure if Im going to order it from there, I'll look on e-bay first. Last question: will all these be compatible with my hardware? I have no idea o_O

GF4 Ti 4600
Sound Blaster Audigy 2

Those are my main, most expensive pieces, so can you tell me, would that mother board be compatible?

Thanks everyone for your help, I really appreciate it...

ALSO:

I found this http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=80139&item=6735852887&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW I think I might bid on it, is that the same processor as above?

Yes everything is compatible. However, don't purhcase the GF4 Ti 4600. Get yourslef a GeForce 6600Gt if it is in your price range.

That proc. on ebay is not the same. The one that you want is on 939, tthe ebay one is on 754.

that one on ebay is socket 939, and it would not be compatible with that board.

I would also like to add, the abit av8 3rd eye allows overclocking in windows, even in a game, by selecting the user you want on the uguru clock.

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom