Why you should ditch Norton AntiVirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got Norton Antivirus 2005 off of Limewire, and its working pretty well. I set up AVG Antivirus on my grandma's computer and it works pretty well too. I didn't have time to play around with it much. But it cleaned the infected files that an online scanner I used wouldn't. So if Norton ever breaks I'll probably move to AVG.

i use mcadde security centre and its good so far. Before that i used Norton Antivirus 2003 or 2004 cant remember but it really slowed my computer up so i had to get rid of it.

I use pc-cillin internet security 2005 and i have to say it is way better than norton. It is cheaper as well and comes with so much protection, anti-spyware, virus, spam, it has a firewall and it monitors your wireless or wired network.

Good thing my university is paranoid about it's security. They force us to (not that we need to be told) install the latest security stuff and even give it to us for free. I am running Norton Antivirus (Corporate addition) as my scanner.

As for the firewall and spyware, there are lots of stuff on the internet for that. I am somewhat concerned about the resources hogged by Norton tho. Oh well, atleast it's free for me :|..

Have used PC-cillin for 5 years and has proven excellent. Temporarily used Norton after buying new PC and experienced all sorts of problems, resource hog, excessive time to update on internet (more than my 2 hour ISP limit, then after reconnection Norton didn't remember previous info.). Then on uninstall - it didn't complete successfully, had to rebuild PC.

Used AVG recently and proved excellent, before reverting back to PC-cillin - which has AV, firewall, spyware protection and more...

Still using....

Norton Antivirus Corporate edition. My PC usually tends to be up-to-date with hardware and plenty of memory so I can't really say I've noticed much if any sluggishness with it. To each his own though, NAV has helped me save a number of systems of end Lusers :p

Re: Still using....

mortified said:
Norton Antivirus Corporate edition. My PC usually tends to be up-to-date with hardware and plenty of memory so I can't really say I've noticed much if any sluggishness with it. To each his own though, NAV has helped me save a number of systems of end Lusers :p

Most people don't relize what a resource hog it is until they try something else. I used to be one of those people.

my biggest problem is when I open word. with norton it took years for it to open, because norton was scanning it, before it opens. with avg it take half a second to scan (you don't even notice it) as word pops up almost as soon as you click it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom