Windows XP Professional Edition Setup Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
apokalipse said:
get a Sony burner, they're really good
and a Seagate HDD, they're very good quality too, and they are virtually noiseless - believe me i do own one

I will do. It's for my dad, though..so he doesn't need technology like me :)

I like sony, and my two harddrives (Maxtor - 80 gig) and Western Digital (20) the 20 is quiet, but the 80 can get a little loud but not over my 5 fans, so ;)

I'll look into a Seagate Harddrive.

Thanks a lot :)!

some of your problem might be old stuff,Windows XP dosnt like old stuff.Ive tried it on my older computers and have had wierd results not good.

I had the same problem with my install. Finally solved the problem. I had two different 128 K memory sticks installed and just removed one of them. Xp Home installed without a hitch. The sticks caused some kind of conflict that wouldn't allow some files to be copied.

Yes check the memory. I had the same issue and it turned out to be generic ram. Win 98 ran fine with it but win xp pro did not want to load. This was on an ASUS mb which set ram voltage high on default.

Well I'll try it when I next time format which I hope will not be anytime soon. So remove the ram and put it back in later?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom