Computer Crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex81388

Daemon Poster
Hey guys.

I'm having a problem whenever I use games. Especially Half-Life 2. I can usually play HL2 for about 10 minutes before it crashes, and says "'The Instruction at 0x####### referenced memory at 0x#######. The memory could not be 'read'". Before comming here I googled and checked steam support and They gave me this link: http://steampowered.custhelp.com/cg...WVtb3J5IGNhbm5vdCBiZSByZWQ*&p_li=&p_topview=1

I did everything involved with the issue, but to no help, the game still does this. More than half the time the crash happens when the game is loading part of a map. But sometimes it is random as well. From what I can get from google, I think this is only an nVidia problem.

I also crash in Battlefield1942, and Vietnam. Have checked for viruses and spyware. Also uses DEFRAM.

Using latest direct x, have tried latest official drivers from nvidia, and their new beta ones. Also all chipset drivers are installed correctly(latest).

Thanks for you input.

Okay it is running, I hope it doesn't matter than my normal CAS(2.5), was put to 3 a little bit back when trying to fix gaming...

I'm running everything stock. With the exception to the recent cas latency issue.

EDIT:: Memtest went through a complete cycle successfully, and it started again, says i completed and passed one test but now its just doing it over aparently...Does it just run until i make it stop (ESC)?

When I stop it, should I manually look at the errors and record, or when I look in windows will it have a log?

Well I left the room about when it was done with test run 2, and it had two recorded errors, so at the end I'll take a pic and post them, but I have no idea what to do with the errors.

Try the test with only 1 stick of memory "unless you have errors right away" let it run for 3-6 hours.If that memory module passes the test mark it as good.Remove it and install the second module
and run the same test again .You may have 1 or 2 faulty modules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom