strange problems with windows xp

Status
Not open for further replies.

randomlight

Solid State Member
Hi I was hoping someone could give me some insight.suddenly my winsdows updates access has been disabled,I can`t get my system restore to function and my explorer 6 browser is not working propperly,(Many web pages won`t open and I often get prompts indicating that I`m using a pre 4.00 version of explorer. I have the latest updates with norton 2003 antivirus ,and sygate firewall.I have reloaded windows twice and reinstalled explorer 6 twice..I have downloaded the blaster detection files and scanned my computer (says I don`t have it)Also I have repeatedly scanned with norton( no virus found).Is it possible that I have could still have a virus.It would seem that something very strange is happening. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks Al

How did you do your reloading? A fresh format of all hard disks before the reload or simply, a repair of win xp? If its the latter, its highly possible that your pc is infected with virus, (might not be Blaster anymore but something else) and its hidden in the system directory or ur rootweb folders if you installed the IIS.

Otherwise, delete all ur activeX components in ur windows update, get ur firewall start up and run the updates.

I also cant use update page or the restore funfunction havnt had any luck fixing after hours trying just going to reformat and reinstall again....

best idea

I had to reformat and reinstall myself.I don`t think anyone has a fix for what ever this is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom