Could this CAS time be true???

Status
Not open for further replies.
read what I said...

the latencies on PC4200 will never be rated at 2.5-3-3-7.

the memory you posted in that link is HARDCORE overclocked. brother man, you shouldn't tell people that they don't know about RAM and then post something like that. feel it brother.

Speed: DDR550(PC4400)
Cas Latency: 2.5-3-3-7

That's PC4400 RATED at 2.5-3-3-7

There is no 'posting something like that'

It's simply true. Until you know more about the companies out there, what RAM chips they are using, that ram chips specifics, the PCB design, then you have very little knowledge of whats truly out there as far as speeds and even value is concerned.. I don't know if you're Hulk Hogan or what, but I'm not your brother.

Nowhere does the RAM say PC3200 - P4400, only reference is in the model number, 3200DSU2, it purely says PC4400 at 2.5-3-3-7, that makes it 2.5-3-3-7 'rated' PC4400 at the best value over both Kingston and OCZ

Beyond that Yan was asking about a particular set of timings on PC4200 which you say 'its never rated that' which is basically like telling him it doesn't exist. Upon merlin posting the OCZ you exclaim about the tight timings as if you didn't know that those timings with that speed was available, and then to further improve I posted PC4400 at 2.5-3-3-7 and labeled so. There is no saying 'well its rated 3-4-4-8 but some can get 2.5-3-3-7' no they specifically say, HEY, THIS WILL HIT 2.5-3-3-7 TIMINGS AT 275MHz

Hey, no need to argue.
Nubius, do you think I should grab those G-skill's on Newegg, and smack heat spreaders on them?
Thanks
Yan

How much do heat spreaders help? I'm thinking of getting some myself, and am curious is it much better to get real copper ones or are the aluminum ones just as good.

They have little clips kinda like a clothes hanger at a department store that just slide forward, its really simple and there is no adhesive or anything if thats what you're asking. Look at the pic you can see the two little silver things on the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom