How do I install RAM in Bios?

Status
Not open for further replies.

meepins

In Runtime
I'm trying to install 2*256 Dual DDR Ram into my computer. I know how to install physically but I don't know how to make Bios recognize the RAM, could somebody help me?

Thanks!

It doesnt need to have anything installed, if you do it right it should just recognize all by itself and be ok.

If all goes well it should just see and use your ram in the startup, and continue on into Windows, unless there is something else going on. Did you do a fresh install as well or are you just adding some ram?

I haven't done it yet, I'm going to soon.
I currently have 2*256 Dual Channel DDR and I'm going to be adding 2 more of them.

Yes if you dont change anything else in your computer then it will probably show up quick as 1024 mb of ram wherever it previously showed your ram in startup. Then it will continue on to windows normally. You can make sure it installed and recognized by going to control panel- system, and it should say on the first page there next to processor speed etc how much ram you have.

Do you have Dual Channel ram in your computer already? It is typically a better idea to get one stick of 512 if you can get it, but I can see that Dual Channel stuff is expensive, just for the future you know that its nice to have one bigger stick instead of two smaller sticks so you can upgrade when the stuff gets cheaper instead of gettin funny numbers like 768.

Ya I have 2*256 Dual Channel DDR400 PC3200 Ram in already.

My Mobo says "Dual Channel DDR 400 - Supports Dual Channel DDR400 SDRAM, up to 6.4GB memory bandwidth.

I thought I could only put dual channel RAM in my mobo!
So that means I could just stick one 512RAM stick and it would all add up to 1GB of ram?

thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom