best deal ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.

devil_warrior

In Runtime
i recently walked into a shop and asked for the price for an amd athlon 64 fx- 55 and after a week he came back with the answer of $255. now i know this isnt right. he also told me it comes in a 3.0gh version and a 3.2gh version. can someone please help explain why the fastest current processor is only this much in australian dollars

You can;t possibly sell a FX for that much, not even used, there must be one big ass catch in there:D And of course there is no such thing as a 3ghz and 3.2ghz AMD, you'd be hard pressed to even OC one that high:p

The FX-55 is clocked at 2.6Ghz, they don't manufacture the same proccesor at different clock speeds. That alone is total bullshit. The first 3.0Ghz planned proccesor is expected to be the FX-59, which won't be released for months at least.

Unless he's stolen it from somewhere, there is no way you could sell an FX-55 for that cheap unless you're planning on going straight down the drain financial.

could he have gotten it confused with a pentium? how much is a pentium 4 3.0gh processor right now? and thanks for confirming it, i knew it was too good to be true.

fhew....i was gonna say...i paid 200 canadian for my anthlon64 2800...i thought prices were right comin' down now for the fx series...iw as right gettin' mad there...until i read some posts hahaha.

Agree, that's not right at all. He is losing ALOT of money selling it for $255.

Either:

A) He thinks your an idiot and will sell you a 3000+, claiming it's equivelant to an Intel 3.0GHz. He's making a buck and "kind" of telling the truth.

B) He is the idiot and has no idea that 3000+ doesn't mean 3GHz, and his hardware might be overpriced?

I'd say it's option #1:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom