Math simulations/Gaming system

Status
Not open for further replies.
if thats the case, then that would be a bust. Dual procs are for exactly what he said, but of course the budget would have to be there ;)

ya but arent dual proc crappy for gaming? im thinking that might be overkill for what hes doing.. yess dual proc are good... but prob just not the best in this case imo

should run about as good as a single proc gaming wise (most games, if any as of now, dont support dual procs) and if it does run faster, will be hardly noticable, if at all with games. Where it will shine will be in apps (rendering, fp, and realtime emulation (not game, but engineering) and autocad type apps).

Thanks guys for the feedback. :)

But as GageMW said, I am already overbudget.. Don't think dual procs are a viable solution for me given the $$ constraints. Only if my prof would fund me. Don't think that's gonna happen tho.. lol..

So I take it the general consensus is that Intel is the way to go. I'd love to have dual procs, and a Raptor drive to read the data off of during computation. But, both options seem too expensive to me at the moment. Guess I'd have to settle for NCQ..

btw YanBooth, do you REALLY have that system???...

haha that will be a less than average computer in 10years or so :) it would take me about 10years to save up for all that as well :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom