Wipe Out HD HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nbendo

Solid State Member
Iam suspecting that my old P3 pc is infected but I want to be able to restore it for my kids consumption...
Can you help me with the step by step process of wiping out my whole system and restore it.... it is an old Dell Optiplex, P3, OS is Windows XP Pro......... Somebody HELP pleasee!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok if u want to just delete everything all u do is put ur xp disc in restart then boot from disc then u will get a blue screen and lower left of ur screen it will go threw some options hit f2 then let it go un till it asks u if u want to install a fresh copy it will tell u to hit enter and there will be some other opstions there my be a little license thing in there somewhere just accept it then it will show u all of ur drives on ur computer (hard drives) select the one u want to delete and restore and delete the partition then intall a fresh copy and it will format ur drive then ask u to restart, restart and then TAKE THE DISC OUT AFTER RESTART DO NOT BOOT FROM DISC AGAIN!!!!!!!!! then u will be asked to reinsert the xp disc and all simple crap. thats it u will need to reinstall all of ur drivers and all that since u have a dell they should supply u with all that balogna

By the way, how do I re install all my drives when I don't have all those balogna from dell, my PC as i said is really old like 4yrs old maybe...
I also remember reinstalling my XP at one point thinking that it will wipe out everything that is in the PC but it didn't seem to work, everything was still there when I restarted it.

Maybe I'm dummy on this, but can you please show me how to
"put ur xp disc in restart then boot from disc"

SORRYYY!!! Thanks again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom