new computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should definitely build your own pc, you will gain some experience and it will be a much better system than the one in the store. About DELL, yes stay away from them, their tech support is horrible and the computers suck. My college recently bought all new pc's from dell and they tried to connect the whole campus into one big network. Now the whole thing isn't working and they have put all the pressure on one guy to fix it, poor mike. They can't fix it themselves or get outside help as it will violate the agreement. It is gradually coming along but it should never have been that messed up.

I went into the library and i kept on hearing the windows reboot chime, over and over and over again. I found out that they got some new software from dell as well and some idiot messed it up during install so now all the computers in the library are constantly rebooting.

never buy a DELL NEVER
i agree with aj and uzi but
u need an intel 3.4 ht (doing a lot of modeling gaming not a big deal if u get a 3.4) (socket T, lga 775)
go with the 2 gb ram
evga card but go with the new pci express (stay up to date)
a different mobo of cousre supporting pci express
aj's power supply
i would actualy get 2 10000 rpm hard drives (since u have the money)
same case
same dvd burner

madfats3 said:
Here is your best bange for the buck

http://outlet.us.dell.com/Dispatche...b=DIM&unique=1105898160579&sessionID=BqqwbJyL!1292028451!1812073641!1105898160454&tgtSeg=I

http://outlet.us.dell.com/Dispatche...b=DIM&unique=1105898165970&sessionID=BqqwbJyL!1292028451!1812073641!1105898160454&tgtSeg=I

sorry madfats, but I have to disagree...first off, that is a refurb system,
not to mention its a Dell...if he/she finances, it would be brutal...trust me on that..my suggestion, build your own...awesome system at a fraction of the price..not to mention its really simple...just read up on the latest computer magazines, listen to some of these people here...and you can decide on what you want in no time flat. next thing you know you'll be fraggin the crap outta newbies of Doom 3, or HL2 and after that you could be rendering up a storm. How does that sound?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom