Not open for further replies.

johnnae17

Solid State Member
I have an old toshiba laptop

1) no cd rom drive
2) Just a floppy and low ram and low mem
3) Just serial port connections

The main DOS partition was deleted from the laptop

How can I get SOMETHING on this laptop in order to make it useable ?!

Someone plz help

i am having the same problem with a friends toshiba, cept it has a cdrom, no floppy and only connectors are obselete, wont boot from cdrom......grrrr, i'm gonna ditch it for my friend.

You need one of these.........
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=60263&item=6735579247&rd=1
(sorry about the link EBAY is the only place to find them)

Take out the hard drive of the laptop, use the convertor to install windows on a desktop computer to the laptop HD and when it is done transferring all of the OS files to your laptop HD and about to reboot, just put the laptop HD back into the laptop and it should have all of the installation files already on it and it will boot back to the installation menu to search for hardware.

REMEMBER YOU MUST REMOVE THE LAPTOP HARD DRIVE FROM THE DESKTOP BEFORE IT REBOOTS TO LOOK FOR HARDWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

* happy !!! *

Damn good answer thank you so much !!!!!!!!

Thats exactly what I was looking for in a reply I believe

Thank you very much

Damn

^_^ !!!!!!!!!!

I am sure if you boot up a windows 98 boot disk and do a fdisk and then a reformat that you should be able to install windows afterwards. Have you tried that at all?

unfortunately the HD from the laptop has a diff connection than the one shown in that pic

info

I have not tried a windows 98 boot disk

how would I install windows then without a cd rom drive ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom