LCD vs. CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my opinion, CRT's are MUCH more sharper, brighter, AND clearer than ANY LCD :) (not to mention cheaper ;) )

-Dan The Man

They do have Eye strain though and those freckin things are monsters, do they support dvi yet?

also.. your dimensions are wrong there Codeine- my LCD can display 1600x1200, which is plenty for anything, who can run games beyond that? What games can support anything beyond that? who can see anything beyond that? All of my stuff is pretty dang small as is. If you get a good lcd you will not have near or any of those "dark area" problems, its people goin to Walmart and buyin whatever they sell and then complainin about em.

also the max res on a 18" monitor is not 1200x700, not sure where you came up with that number, its 1280x1024. If you dont know what you're talking about or not sure dont post it as fact. This guy needed information and you gave him wayy wrong info.

i have a Natcomp LCD which I bought for 25 bucks :) but ive never heard of the brand and i couldnt find any website. Any idea on how to find the refresh rate?

NIN,

First of all it depends on what your needs are and what your budget is. If you can spend $500-600 you can get an LCD that will perform great for any application (games, movies etc) Most people rip on LCD's because they can't afford a good one.

And yes, that max resolution of 1200/1200 is complete bullshit and refresh times are down to 12ms which will perform great on games.

Spend the money and get a good one and it will perform as well as these peeps 200lbs bulky CRT's that they rave about.

And yes, that max resolution of 1200/1200 is complete bullshit and refresh times are down to 12ms which will perform great on games.

yeah thats true, lcd's that are over 19 inch have much higher resolution.... but at the end of day, crt are big, take up far to much space. Granted a lcd with a response time of 25ms does suffer from a little ghosting, but anything below that performs perfect in games and other applications.

ill buy a lcd when they are a similar price as crt and have equal or better quality than crt. currently, none of those factors are true. LCD has a lot of growing to do.

I almost bought an LCD until I saw the return policy about dead pixels, most of them said 8 or less and no refund. Does a couple dead pixels affect the dispaly much?

Well I personally dont have any, My friend got one on his powerbook, and it was this annoying a$$ green dot in the middle of screen. It was very distracting, but then his comp got shot with an air-soft gun and Mac gave him a refund. Anyway I dont have any dead pixels myself, have had my screen for like 8 months or so. But it hasnt been abused or touched or nothing. Not sure what causes them. I will reasearch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom