upgrade advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other than the savings, is two 160GB drives at 7200.7 better than a 300GB drive at 7200.8? I don't know what that means exactly, but I take it the axtra .1 makes a big difference? If so I woul get. Seagate Barracuda 7200.8 Plus NCQ 300GB. The drive that won the budget test was a seagate, but that 200GB drive is the only one without NCQ. Even the lower capacity drives have the NCQ label

IAM, it would be a mistake to get something other than AMD64 now. They are dirt cheap and even cheaper than the ancient AXP so I don't think it would be wise to take any other route than AMD64.

So far I have on my list

AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Winchester 90nm Retail
MSI Neo4 Ultra
Seagate 300GB 7200.8
and leadteks 6600GT

after I know it all, I will have a list ready for refining and editing, if it needs it

Really? So its all good? All the parts match and compliment each other? Mwahaha, the first thing I'll do after putting it together is snap my bloody ME cd, in favour for my XP pro, which I couldnt run before.

newegg.com
and for the budget, ATI Radeon 9600xt, AMD Athlon 64 3200+ (Winchester Core) 1 gig corsair xms, I don't know about the mobo...
aspire case (with lights and fans and 550 watt PSU)
Good luck
Yan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom