First boot, dead mouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

4W4K3

Daemon Poster
Hey i got an annoying problem for you guyz to figure out:)

EVERY time i boot my computer from being completely shut-down, when i get to the login screen or desktop my mouse just stops working. everything else is perfect, keyboard works and i can still do things. And i have to reboot at EVERY straight boot-up if i want a mouse.

After a Reboot it works fine, and i can run my machine all day no problems. If i just simply reboot my computer it will not mess up, it only stops working after a complete shutdown and power up.

My PSU fluctuates on the 12v rail from 11.85-12v...but i don't think this is the problem since a simple reboot will fix this and i can play games for hours on end no problems...thats alot harder than running a freaking mouse lol. There is no significant fluctuation besides that...so i can;t really blame it on hardware.

Any ideas?!?!? thnx:D

Warez Monster said:
Try reinstalling your mouse and see if that works.

I will try that. I've unplugged it from the KVM switch thnking that might be it, but that didn't work either. It's an old ball mouse since my optical won;t work with this older KVM switch...maybe if i switch to my USB one t won;t have this problem. My GF wouldn;t be too happy though lol...i traded her my optical for this ball since it wouldn;t work at all.

EDIT: lmao i stole your scrolling sig:) it looked so kool i had to hit up Google and figure out how it works:D

OK well i did that, and it rebooted. Cept' this time when it rebooted it didn;t recognize the mouse at all:( So i shutdown with the keyboard and logged in again, and THIS time it said it installed new hardware and rebooted. Now i'm on it again and it seems to be working out. But i haven't completely shut-down yet and since it messed up once i still have my doubts.

Coudl it be i disabled my plug and pplay service along with like half of the others i don;t need?

I also noticed i have "HID-compliant mouse" AS WELL AS "PS/2 compliant mouse" under my device mangaer. am i sposed' to have both of these at once? Maybe i can uninstall the HIS one and it might stop messing up?

I'm going to do a complete shutdown and see fi it works before uninstalling stuff.

Edit: ARGH! Still doesn't work, and i disabled the HIS mouse as well to no avail. hmm...i guess only option now is services? but i'm not going through all of them turning them on unless someone can confirm it might be the problem. I ran this by my dad and he said it could just be a defective mouse or shrot in the cord or something...it's kinda old so that might be it. But at this moment i don;t have a spare unlesss i want to go in the attic. so...any more advice? i'm stumped on this one...

try resetting the bios, somehow i doubt that could have anything to do with it, but its an idea.

appart from that, i dont think there is anything else you can do, unless you do go through the services.

Raekwon said:
try resetting the bios, somehow i doubt that could have anything to do with it, but its an idea.

appart from that, i dont think there is anything else you can do, unless you do go through the services.

hmm i tried that a few times to no avail as well.:( i wouldn't know what services to turn on though...none of them really specifically deal with the mopuse or input devices. looks like i'll be using a diff mouse today hopefullt.

are using it on usb or the mouse input?(green)
if it is usb get one of those adapters

timmer said:
are using it on usb or the mouse input?(green)
if it is usb get one of those adapters

it an old green connection, not USB. Now that i'm using the USB port it works fine. i hard booted and it was OK, rebooted and it recognized liek its sposed' to. i guess that mouse was just defective or maybe my mouse port is screwed up or dirty or sumthin'.

thnx for all your help guyz:) if its starts acting up again i'll just update here:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom