V-Link??

Status
Not open for further replies.

KorKwin

In Runtime
I have an ASRock K7VT4A+ mobo and I was reading through the manual and in the bios settings I can change the 'V-Link Speed'. It doesn't give an explanation in the manual or anywhere. Anybody heard of/used this before???

V-link speed has something to do with wireless internet
thats all i know, so if you dont use wireless then u probably dont need to worry

Well the motherboard doesn't have any integrated wireless anything with it so I don't see why it would have that optioni...

maybe it has the option so if you ever decide to use a v-link wireless adapter you could change it. But I would maybe check up more on it.

I don't know what all this talk about wireless adapter is all about. It has nothing to do with that. The vlink is the connection between the northbridge and the southbridge and the speed is the speed at witch they communicate (northbridge to southbridge). Here is a link explaining some of this from via http://www.via.com.tw/en/products/chipsets/southbridge/vt8237/vmap.jsp

Generally you should just leave this setting alone as the impact on your performance shouldn't change at all and your system won't benefit much from changing this. I have an asrock motherboard aswell and changing the vlink speed to fast renders my board unbootable (my board has no wireless adapter). Anyways. Hope that info helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom