.09u 3500+ Winchester Multi-Unlocked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nubius

Golden Master
I was reading a review regarding memory OC'ing, but they were using an MSI Neo2-Platinum and .09u 3500+ Winchester core AMD64. They adjusted the multiplier down because they were raising the HTT to 275 from 200.

Are these CPU's multiplier unlocked or what? Or is it just that they can go down in increments, which I think the article may have pointed out. That you can turn the multi down and raise the HTT. Anyone know for sure?

He went from 2.2GHz to 2.75GHz on air at that and it made a 4000 point increase in 32mark2001SE (yeah yeah old I know but still the CPU OC made a nice difference in other benches as well)

The multi can only be changed to go down not up.
All AMD 64 have this.
Only the FX series have unlocked multis with a few mobiles.

Oh aright, that's kind of what I gathered from the article. He was changing the HTT from 200 to 275 while testing some RAM and so of course he changed the multiplier down. Hmm well that's pretty cool

Thanks for the info, long time no see ag :)

I have a Newcastle, i wonder if i can get near those speeds. When you said he was just on air. Do you mean no liquid cooling? Because those are some mad results.

lol yeah air means no liquid cooling.

But yeah I kind of thought he got a nice OC too just on air.

An article with winchester vs newcastle they got 2500MHz newcastle on stock voltage and cooling and 2596 on the winchester.

They were seeing the OC'ing headroom just on stock cooling and voltages so obviously it could go higher.

You should be able to get to 2.5GHz Codeine, with a little extra Vcore because just because he got there doesn't mean it was prime95 stable, that's just the highest it go and boot at at 1.4 Vcore ya know what I mean?

Also in this case he had good RAM that'd OC from PC3200 to PC4400 so that's why he could lower the multi and raise the HTT like a madman, so if you don't have good RAM it's really not worth it to raise the HTT because you'll simply create a bottleneck

Yeah im going to try alright. I was at work thinking about what 120mm fans i should get to replace my stock 120mm intake and exhaust. As you know i have the Thermaltake Shark Full Tower. I originally dident want to modd that case, but it would help so much if i did modd some extra fans.

So i decide im going to for sure. Im going to get my stuff from frozencpu.com. Im going to get 1 more 120mm fan. Since i already have 2 of them. And then get 1 maybe 2 80mm fans. Note im staying over 50-CFM. Im deciding just where to place them on that case right now. So after this i will have a perfect case system.

I would prefer to have a lower multi and higher FSB/HTT, that way there are bigger transfer speeds with the same frequency core
Yup, I don't need to put the multi up and the HTT down. I mainly wanted to know for in the future when I upgrade because no doubt I'll be looking to OC my RAM which will require lowering the multi and raising the HTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom