For AMD PCIe Needs To Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megadeth2

Daemon Poster
Those of you who are price concious buyers and do not want SLI, and use AMD, please wait for getting PCIe. The PCIe boards are currently over-priced and the current generation vidcards, atleast the high-end ones, are foudn more commmonly on AGP. We have seen no improvements in performance from going AGP to PCIe and pluse, AGP boards even the flagship ones are considerably cheaper. Even PCIe based boards aren't faster than there older bros. So, think about it...

makes sense but what if people wonna use the money so tehy don't upgrade there mother board to PCI-E?

pci-e needs to be improved. it has no significant improvements...much like DDR2. stick with what you can get for now.

PCIe for graphics right now is very comparable to modern AGP interface and not too noticeable in performance at all. As a matter of fact, AGP's are still considered faster than PCIe in some cases with a few more updates coming soon. PCIe will eventually take over after AGP reaches it's full potential. I'm using PCIe just because it's new and room for expansion in the future.

Zeeg, think about it. Graphics chipset designer companies will have to think about customr relationships. If you drastically switch the market straight to PCIe, it'll leave the AGP users which make 99% of the market hanging. This would mean bad customer relationships and bad business. So, atleast, fro the next 2-3 years we will see AGP along with PCIe.

Yes, that is the marketing strategy. It's always the people. After all, we are what keeps the economy going. At least now, it will give people time to slowly make the transition to something better. Like me, I'm switching over to PCIe just now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom