which of the 2 mobo's would you choose?

Status
Not open for further replies.
MSI "K8N Neo2 Platinum" NVIDIA nForce3 ULTRA Chipset Motherboard For AMD Socket 939 CPU -RETAIL

That is the one i would choose.

Well for overclocking it comes down to BIOS options not just what you can read off newegg. MSI's board has all the possible options you need for overclocking, but if you're going for extreme overclocking mainly geared towards OC'ing the RAM as well as CPU then you need to be able to adjust your Chipset voltage a decent amount and same with the Dimm.

I don't know how high MSI's go though I never checked to see it's max because I built the computer for someone else.

I personally don't like ASUS so in this case I'd definitely go with MSI but that's mainly because ASUS has horrible technical support and IMO has gone downhill in quality and other manufacturers are making really good boards.

I believe DFI has some good overclocking boards too although I'm just now looking into them so I cant give you a name right off the bat.

my choice out of those boards would be the MSI, but better still would be the AV8 3rd Eye from Abit. DFI havent got any non PCI-E boards for 939 listed on their site, so i doubt one exists yet, if ever. but if they release one, no doubt it would be very good, like the Abit.

I would go with the MSI, I know alot of freinds that have MSI boards, they are very user friendly. Plus you got to love those red boards. If your going with red UV or Red LED Light theme, they well look right at home.

I have nothing except great things to say about the asus, i got a rev 1 up to 235 no problems, than PS craps out.

The MSI is known as a better OC'er, but both are very good but I belive the A8V to be better :)

Only grudge is, that if i didnt know how to reflash the bios (bastards corrupted it), i would have had to RMA It

asus > msi.

my friend has the neo 2 platinum and i have the a8v wifi. the asus has ftp support for flashing the bios. i like the via chipset better too. gig ethernet built in. bios recovery. just my opinion tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom