Why you should ditch Norton AntiVirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have heard good things about PC-cillin, and I might buy it when the time comes to upgrade from Symantec NIS 2004. But I will probably upgrade when I get a new computer, and whatever I upgrade to will probably be what came with the mobo or some other compnent, as long as it's not MacAfee. Like that ZDNet reviewer said, what kind of an antivirus app is adware itself? Absurd.

Ive never used any kind of anti-virus software. and my experiences are great.

im usually running linux, but my windows is xp pro 2002 service pack 1. I completely removed internet explorer, and there is no windows firewall. Everything is behind a router, which I trust completely. I've been adware/spyware/virus free for a few years already. I tell everyone I know to ditch norton anti-virus and go with outpost or pc-cillin

i've used pc chillin' for a couple of years now..though just though the interent...not actually bought.
norton disagree's highly with my firewall and they fight so much that window's won't even start lol.

Ive tried antivir and avast ,but ended up with a free av called avg. I love avg because it tries to heal the file before it has to delete it. So far so good.

I switched from Mcafee to pc-cillin and havnt had any problems. I install AVG free version on all my customers computers. I found it to be very effective.

Honestly, my NIS 2003 subscription ended in late 2004--and since then, I've only used XP's SP2 Firewall...and it works fair enough...well, worth not having to buy that 'other program';)

Xula said:
Honestly, my NIS 2003 subscription ended in late 2004--and since then, I've only used XP's SP2 Firewall...and it works fair enough...well, worth not having to buy that 'other program';)

Avast and AVG are free. most people in the US have never heard of them. All they ever really hear is norton, which is why norton will never address their "resource hog" issue. they are making too much money to worry about it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom