Windows File Sharing problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitaloracle

Daemon Poster
I reformatted my latop eariler today and was transferring files to it via a shared folder on my main machine. Once I had finished transferring the data, I tried to unshare the folder (it happened to be the my documents folder on my main). However, when I tried to do this, I recieved the error message that one user was connected to one file, and that unsharing the folder might cause someone to lose data. The only computer that might be connected was the laptop, but I had closed all the expoler windows on the thing when I tried to unshare said folder. When I shut down the laptop, I was able to unshare the folder just fine. The problem still worries me though: why didn't this brand new, clean install (All I have installed on it right now is some drivers) close windows file sharing connections properly? Anyone else experience this porblem and/or have a fix for it?

well...windows is pretty screwy when it comes to that, i dunno, i've had similar issues with other devices(camera won't disconnect even after all windows are closed)

OK...
Problem appears to be solved. Apparently, Winodws thought it could do file sharing, but some features dont seem to enable themselves until one runs the network setup wizard. Grr...

reboot the comp and do it as soon as it boots up.
The culprit here is microsoft unless someone else is in your system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom