Format!! Pleeaasse Help Me... Asap!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePCmaN

In Runtime
I NEED HELP.. NOW!!!! :) .. pleeasssee...
i already have Windows XP Pro on my comp, but i want to reformat and start fresh with Windows XP Pro... please.. i need quick reponses, and 100% working ways to do this!! THANK YOU EXTREMELY for ANY HEELPP!!!!

Go go www.bootdisk.com and download Windows 98 Bootdisk, insert floppy and click the icon once downloaded. Make sure you have everything off your pc that you want, and reboot with the new bootdisk you just made. Do you know how to FDISK and FORMAT? When the dos prompt comes up type fdisk, then delete the partitions, then create new ones. After you have done this you will need to reboot, then boot to the floppy again, and format, onced completed, insert you xp cd and your off. Need any help, Im online.

umm... sorry for the noobness... but im like, lost on that website... i need to do this quick.. whats ur AIM screen name

Warez Monster said:
Go go www.bootdisk.com and download Windows 98 Bootdisk, insert floppy and click the icon once downloaded. Make sure you have everything off your pc that you want, and reboot with the new bootdisk you just made. Do you know how to FDISK and FORMAT? When the dos prompt comes up type fdisk, then delete the partitions, then create new ones. After you have done this you will need to reboot, then boot to the floppy again, and format, onced completed, insert you xp cd and your off. Need any help, Im online.

Why do everybody keep saying to do it this way. there is really no purpose to do it that way as this wastes way too much time. that was the only choice you had back in the old days of dos. now we are booting from cds

just boot from your xp cd (hit a key when it ask you to boot from your cd), let it inspect the hardware. when window say it want to install, press enter, then press f8 to the I agree statement. Next comes the repair windows screen. don't touch anything on this page. now hit escape. here you will see all of your hard drive and partitions.

you can delete and create partitions (you can make more than one partion here). delete your old C drive. if you just want one partition just hit enter next (if you want 2 or more hit C and create them). next it will ask how to format your system (I alway pick ntfs quick) hit enter.

now just follow the instructions after that (make sure you don't hit a key to boot from cd again, when the computer restarts, becuase it will come up again) and after that, you will have a brand new xp, minus the few years it took you to fdisk it (it take all of one second to delete your hard drive this way.)

this way take 45 min to do at the most (20-30 min. if you have a fast computer)

EricB is correct. But I found it is easier to go to your bios and set your first boot device as your cd player , and then when the cd boots up , you get all those options that most people never get to see.

A friend of mine, At his computer shop, he use the xp cd to delete hard drives in win 98, then he hit f3 to quit, because it is quicker. then he reinstall window 98.

Me I almost never install win 98. I just convince people to upgrade their ram so I can install XP on their comp. but in the few time that I do I use the XP cd to delete the hard drive too (I learn this from him).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom