new system problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spud5437

In Runtime
Hey I just upgraded my system and everything is going 100% apart from the fact that I cant have anymore than 1 drive per IDE cable. Dose anyone know why this might be? The motherboard I have is Gigabyte GA-K8NSNXP-939 Athlon64/64 FX Socket-939

You should be able to connect 2 x ATA 133 IDE ports up to 4 Devices. I checked your mobo specs. Does your cable have a master and slave connector? Check BIOS and auto detect your IDE channels to see what happens.

i done the auto detect ide drive and will detect both dvd drive aslong as they are on the same cable. no matter which i put on with the hard drive it stops detecting the hard drive?? nero says that both the DVD reader and writer should not be on the same bus. any idea's?

Nero tells you to separate the optical drives because the data transfer rate is better between two IDE controllers than it is between 2 drives on a single controller.

However, judging by your pc specs, I don't see this being a problem unless you are trying to burn at stupid speeds.

Also, this only applies to on-the-fly burning so if you were to create an image on the hard drive first then burn it, you won't have a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom