No CPU Detected??

Status
Not open for further replies.

-=DFOX=-

Baseband Member
I installed my board, Video card and ram and fired up my new system, on startup it said no CPU found, of course its on there (AMD 939) is this just something it says becasue I still need to install the rest of my stuff? I did the minimal so if anything went wrong,Id know what it was.

can i ask what motherboard you are using ?

Some motherboards need a bios update to recognise the winchester 90nm core.

Even though it wasnt detected, you still got stuff on the screen yeah ?

Yes, I have a screen, its an ASUS AV8, pretty sure it has a Winchester core.

How do I fix that?

ur in trouble. the only way to flash your bios to a version that supports the winchester is to put a newcastle in it and use that sry mate no other way round it :(

that is the motherboard i have and i have held back from buying the CPU because i feared it wouldnt detect it but as it still boots up and lets you know whats going on that isnt so bad. So when you turn it on it says no CPU detected on the screen right ? Can you get into the bios or anything ?

Goto Asus website and i think there are instructions on how to flash the bios, i would read it carefully though.

ur in trouble. the only way to flash your bios to a version that supports the winchester is to put a newcastle in it and use that sry mate no other way round it

are you sure!!

there is only one 939 newcastle on ebuyer and its about £300!!

why make a motherboard for 939's if it doesnt support them all.

well ive got an idea. There is two versions of the motherboard .... version 2 supports it natively. If i was you i would send it back to where you got it and insist on a version 2 motherboard. Thats what im going to be doing if mine doesnt work.

Man what a bunch of crap. So my choices are a different MB or a newcastle cored CPU???

If I got a newcastle, it should work huh?

How is newegg about returning CPU's or MB's

I dont feel confident enough to flash the bios. I also dont think I should have to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom