question about cpu's

Status
Not open for further replies.

truck_goes_vrom

Solid State Member
what would a good AMD be out now and days.. i think i found the problem to my FPS.. my buddys have worse graphic cards then i do, but there game runs better.. I am running a

AMD 2500+ (1.8ghz)
1gb pc2700 ddr
GeForce FX 5500 OC 256mb
40gb hd
ASUS a7n8x delux

My pal has a GeForce 2 Ultra 64mb PCI, but he also has a Pentium 4 2.8 ghz and he doesnt lag with Final Fantasy 11..

Any opinions?

I have updated everything in my system right now, so by process of elimination i have a feeling its my cpu..

Geezzz...... Sorry, truck_goes_vrom sometimes people just post some very stupid things that dont help anything.

First, your mobo will not be able to support a FX. Another thing, those processor are around 800$ USA Currency. I dont know how much money you have to spend, nor if you want to upgrade or a howl new system.

That video card you have is pretty old, along with that processor. Your main problem is the video card. Second is the processor. For gaming AMD64 are the best you can get your hands on.

I suggest a new system. I recommend a socket 939 mobo, with a AMD64 3200. Dont for get your AMD64 will have to be a socket 939 3200. Thats what i think, if you want a new system. I will go further.

Well i had a Radeon 9500 pro 128mb, would that work any better? could you also tell me a decently priced system i could get now and days?

Had? As in not no more? There probally about the same... ;)

First...

How much do you have to spend?

Well, it depends on the games. That Radeon 9500 pro 128mb should be able to play most games with a good processor. Still their are alot better video cards out there, that would make it less stressful on your system. But for striaght gaming, your going to need a way better video card.

http://www.ibuypower.com/mall/lobby.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom