Data Recovery..Whats happening ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

murihikukid

Baseband Member
Hi..I accidently formatted my secondary hard drive...Now I have tryed 5 of the recognised top programs....with partial success....to recover my files ....However after each program tryed ..I find all my MP3,s are now Mpgs in content ....IE..I play an mp3 and I get scambled video footage....?????
Has any member had experience with this happening and is there a fix for this.....
Thanks
Ron NZ.

I havent tried anything for system recovery. But I am surprised that you were able to find any files after formating. A friend of mine had a wd hard drive bite the dust after 24 hours and is considering sending the drive in so the data can be recovered. There are many companies that will take the discs of the drive out and recover the data that way. I dont know how successful that would be for you when you had reformated it. You can look into it, but it is expensive.

Ive used winhex, after formatting and it recovers ALOT of files, the only problem is usally video files will come back corrupt. Its good for pictures and microsoft office though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom