Is my Old PSU usable In my New Comp?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, ok, that should be fine, and at least 400 watts output I'd say. I'd also recommend going with one of the more expensive makers (thermaltake, antec, ultra etc.), although they may cost more, they are far more powerful and reliable.

A lot of PSUs will label themselves as 400 watt or whatever, when this is actually their peak output. These more reliable brands pump out continous power, so when they say 400 watt, they mean 400 watt, not 400 watt max.

Oh ok. Yea I was looking into a 480w Thermaltake. I was wondering if I needed to get one that good(seeing as there like 50US), but it sounds like a good idea.

I was thinking of 420 atleast, but yes that Thermaltake 480 PSU should suit your componets just fine (Thermaltake doesnt skimp on their products) very good quality.

i have a 330 watt, and have a more powerful graphics card in the pc and 4 sticks of ram, but i am upgrading my psu when i can afford it.

The psu is one part of the pc you should not find the most inexpensive part. The power is critical to the computer so its worth it to go out and spend 80$ on a 500w psu. You want to make sure that it is a quality brand and that is has high voltage rails.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom