Refurbished Computer Parts Alright to Buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazed_climber

Baseband Member
In your opinion is it a bad idea to buy refurbished computer parts. My money is kinda tight right now.
On new egg you can get;
A New A8V Deluxe for $136USD
A Refurbished for $92USD
Would it be alright to go for the 92? It doesn't really say much about it besides that its refurbished.

Well, when parts are Refurbished, i think by law they have to test them. How they test them i dont know. But its not a bad idea. Depends on what your buying really, you dont want RAM to be refurbished.

i only do refurbished for gfx and expansion cards i don't do those for the main parts...cause if there is a problem then there is no one else to blame but moi

I don't think refurbished anything is good...

Look at it this way, would you really want a "refurbished" girlfriend? Someone who's like 50 when you're 20? She's been used, but she works?

Think about that lol

Even though computer parts are supposed to have ridicolously long lives (something like over a million hours), I would advise against it, mainly because of the warranty. Warranties are your friend.

Buying from a company like newegg.com I wouldn't worry too much, but buying new is probably worth it just to know:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom