Computer is Freakin possessed

Status
Not open for further replies.

follisro

Beta member
Not much of techie, but could sure use some help. I run windows xp on a desktop. Recently, computer is going crazy. for example, the nouse will jump around the screen and many different windows will open. sometimes they are hard to close for a bit. The toolbat will move from bottom to sode of screen. I will also hear a staticicky-thumpin sound from my speaker. Sometimes I can close everything and continue with work, othertimes I have to turn machine off and try again. Thre isa CPU usage icon that is changing from 2% to 87% and then back down again...I have scanned for virsus with Webroot -none found and just try another scanning - nothing. Webroot also finds the occassional adware. A adware killer from the net that I thought ws free found 6 or so "critical" adware programs and for $30 it would delete them for me... Is there an ez answer why a pc would freak? (Heck even 1 time it opened an intent site to a radio station and broadcasted their intro?
I have tried to reinstal l windows xp, but I am still in the same boat. IS there an answer?:mad:

Your pc seems to be infected by spyware. Those programs you have are junk. What you need to do is download hijack this, adaware se personal and spybot search and destroy 1.4 beta. Disable your startup items except your antivirus. Reboot and run your adaware programs. Then run hijack this and post it in the adaware section to be analyzed.

Follisro, this will help. Click the Start menu then click Run.
Then type MSCONFIG

Then a window will pop up. Look above and click STARTUP.
This will show you everything that loads and runs in the background when your computer starts.

Call your computer company, they will tell you what is suppost to be on that list. So you will know what to and what not to check. You can mess your computer up(I HAVE LOL).

I am usure how to turn off evrything but the spyware stuff and then run the programs. I have installed/run the above-mentioned programs which found 1-2 things and I quarantined them. 10 minutes later the computer is at it again....I dont believe it is heat , is there a way for me to check RAM ? Are the stores like best buy etc good about looking at these things or should I try a guy from the phonebook (Computer fix it) This is a 2nd hand computer that I primarily use for the kid, so I just hope to get in functioning.......Any help would be appreciated!!!!!!

Freakin Possessed

I have a similar problem. My home computer (Windows XP) goes on, gets to the Windows page with the icons, etc. but I cannot get any of the programs to run. I searched the Internet (here at work) and saw that some people are having problems because they tried to download and/or install a "Windows Update" sometime around September.

I think I may have done that. Anyhow, what do I have to do to be able to use my programs again? I have no idea where my Windows Installation disk is.

It WILL NOT be a RAM problem, trust me on this. Nor will it be a heat problem either!
How up-to-date is your antivirus software?

I know what I would do if it was me...... re-format and do a fresh install

By the way...... my wife wants to know if she can buy your hat Southern Lady?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom