Longhorn

Status
Not open for further replies.
If longhorn turns out to be crap, im probly going to have a dual boot between linux and win xp. I dont like the idea of a sidebar that much.

waynejkruse10 said:
The current alpha versions dont run well even on the latest computers. But once Microsoft has tweaked it more for the final release, i heard the minimum requirements is around 450mhz, 256mb ram, 64mb graphics (bit more than double xp). With all the graphics put up on high, youll need much faster hardware.

64MB graphics? Are you sure about that? I've already run beta in 32 with absolutely no problems. Did you see, read or hear something different?

Actually, come to think of it.....that system requirement sounds really crazy?@!??!?!?

450MHz Processor.......only 256MB of RAM but 64MB set alone for video???? No way.....

Well, i dont know how reliable the source was. I dont know anything on the subject, i was just going on what other people have said on other sites. sorry if i posted incorrect info.

i fail to see how the 3d GUI is going to work :/

Do you mean that desktop will be 3d and you can moce the mouse to left, right, front and back ?

waynejkruse10 said:
Well, i dont know how reliable the source was. I dont know anything on the subject, i was just going on what other people have said on other sites. sorry if i posted incorrect info.

i'm not saying that it's incorrect. just seems a bit farfetched. i've used beta versions of longhorn on this laptop that i'm typing on right now, which only has a 32MB card.
if an os calls for 64MB graphics as a minimum requirement then they better hype up the processor requirement as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom