$800

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megadeth2

Daemon Poster
Guys...I have $800 to use for an AMD Athlon 64 rig after I complete my soup up and finish my master rig. I can't decide what setup to use...I know I want it to be Socket 939 and a Winchester. Can someone recommend a setup (excluding kb+m, monitor, including everything else) for $800?

AMD64 3400 Winchester.
SAPPHIRE ATI RADEON 9800PRO, if you want AGP.

Let me find a inexpensive PCI E card.

I don't like the X700 Pro, but I do like the first one ASUS 6600GT. Is there a such thing called an AMD Athlon 64 3400+ Winchester? I thought they were only 3500+, 3200+, and 3000+. Should I get AGP instead, it is the cheaper route out?

Well the thing is that all the PCI Express cards are mostly 128bit, for around 250$. Their are few 250$ 256bit PCI Express cards to pick from.

Personally though, i dont see anything wrong with AGP, even if you can offered the best PCI Express. PCI E hasent taken over yet. So AGP is still a good idea.

Oh yeah, why not a 3400 939 Newcastle. Nothing different.

Codeine, less than 1% of computer users are on PCIe. The computer gamers which make up about 40% of the computer users is only AGP. The Enterprise users and value conciious buyers, most of them ar on PCI or have integrated graphics, they make up 55%. So, AGP is not going anywhere anytime soon...

Ok, if I'm going AGP then why should I get Socket 939 for a mere unnoticable 5% performance gain. Might as well get a DFI Lanparty NF3 250GB.

Well if thats what makes you happy go ahead. Im not saying AGP sux, just some people think AGP does since PCI E is here. Im getting an AGP next week.

I was just trying to help you, im not trying to argue with you. So i dont know why your so aggressively flagrant. Sounds like you already made your mind up, so this thread seems useless. Your a little hard on the edges, should try taking somthing....

Wait, wait, I wasn't trying to argue with you. I think you took things the wrong way. I was just stating the facts I know or I think I know. I'm sorry, but which makes more sense if I get AGP. 754 or 939.

Oh....well if i was trying to save money, but at the same time get somthing good. I would get a 939 mobo with AGP. But 754 is fine, if i was going to get 754, i would get the 1mb cache 3400. Maybe thats the Winchester. I thought Win had 640kb cache. Either way for 754 make sure you get a 1mb cache processor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom