New QDI motherboard won't POST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes everything still disconnected.
No bent pins.
haven't got a different PSU to try.
No problem with jumper, system won't power on if jumper set to clear.
I may be able to test AGP with the card in my PC, but shouldn't I receive, at the very least, a BIOS beep code regarding video or drives or something?

In theory, yes you should if theres problem with RAM or Video etc. However, I have come across several machines that haven't beeped at all when theres a problem.

Out of interest, try removing all the memory from the machine & then booting it. This should cause the system to beep lots. It won't help either way but at least you will know that speaker is working. It will also indicate whether the system was getting past that part of the POST test with the RAM was installed.

No beeps with memory removed. no place on mobo to connect system speaker and it only has a small on-board speaker/buzzer.

You could try repeating this procedure but with the video card removed instead of the RAM. If you still get no beeps with video removed, then I would suspect the mobo might well be the problem.
Still worth trying it with an agp card instead though if poss.

Thanks Samm,
Will take my pc down and try my vid card, and try that vid card in my system.

Ok here is what I found, I installed the CPU (supposedly new and tested) in my system which also failed to POST after installation. I then reinstalled my processor and rebooted and the system came right up.

The reason I tested the CPU was when removing it from the system I noticed the thermal grease had brown spots in it like it had burned these burn marks were also on the heatsink and CPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom