question about the AT form factor...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just asking in general. Or are there some specific ATX cases and psu's that are compatible with an AT motherboard?

I think because they're older boards. The board I'm looking at buying a case/psu for runs on an AMD k6-2 500Mhz. with a VIA chipset.

ok. i have one of those motherboards. it should fit. as for the screws, you might have to drill some holes to get the exact places for the screws.

edit: i think the power supply for AT motherboards have 2 different connections. mine has both 20 pin and the old 10 pin

drill...holes? Will my m/b even work after that? and what about the power supply? Will an ATX power supply work with an AT m/b?

Dont drill holes in your mobo! He means in your case for the standoffs to match on your mobo. I have a AT PSU and they have two seperate connections for the mobo. Why dont you just get a ATX mobo? Im pretty sure they sell ATX mobo power cables to AT google it.

yeah. pumagt said it right. the psu's for AT have 2 seperate connectors. they are a combined 12pins. My AT mobo has both the old 12pins and the newer 20pin. i guess it wasmade at a time of transition.

if you have the motherboard tell us what connector for the powersupply you see.

New question. Will an ATX psu be compatible with a micro-ATX motherboard? A micro-ATX motherboard fits an ATX case right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom