New QDI motherboard won't POST

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuzzy_one

Solid State Member
I am building a system with a new QDI Superb 4FX-6AL motherboard. I have installed all components into the system but the system does not seem to perform the POST. There are no error code beeps, everything appears to be functioning properly. I am becoming quite aggrevated, I have been working on this system for days and have tried removing the cards, drives, and all cables and I still cannot get the system to complete the POST.
ANY Suggestions would be appreciated!

Hi. I assume you have tried clearing the CMOS on the mobo?
If you clear it & remove everything other than RAM & CPU, how far through the POST test does it get?

Yes, I have tried clearing CMOS. I have also removed all but Processor and Memory still nothing. I even tried switching memory to a different slot with no change.

OK, but at what point in the POST test does it stop at? Do you even get a picture on the monitor?

No. I don't think it even starts the post process. There is no beep code or anything to provide me with any indication that I have anything but power. The LED on the Mobo is lit, the fans all powerup the drives spin up but I get no video.

Ok, this may sound daft but take video card out and reinsert it again. If it still doesn't work, try reseating a few more times.
AGP cards are notorious for being cranky like this. If its not inserted absolutely right, it won't work.

Also, apart from the mobo, are any other components new as well or have they all come from a working machine?

The video card is PCI not AGP, I have changed slots and tried reseating numerous times.

The Mobo, CPU and RAM are all new. The Mobo and CPU were tested by dealer before shipping. I have alos placed it in a different case and the PS is new as well.

Hmmm. Couple of things to check maybe...
I assume you still have drives etc disconnected from mobo etc..

1. vga cable has no bent pins etc. Also check that monitor itself is ok
2. You say that the PSU is new but have you tried another PSU anyway?
3. Don't take this the wrong way but.....check the clear CMOS jumper is set to normal & not left on clear. (it's very easy to make this mistake & will will result in the symptoms you are experiencing)
4. Do you have an AGP card you could test it with instead of the PCI one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom