temperature to stay under when overclocking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trifid

Fully Optimized
I already know that amd 64 die at ~70*C but what temperature do i want to stay under?

At default settings my cpu idles at 36* system 28* and in games goes to about 47/48* system 30*, but when i overclocked (using the uguru turbo) to 1944mhz it goes to 57* in games. Anyway, when I overclock the custom options, what do i want to keep the temperature at??

im pretty sure that you want to stay under 80c. it doesnt really matter what temperature that you keep it at. just remeber that more heat= less overall life of the product.

Yeah, i would stay under 60c. 80c is just a little to hot. If your computer simply wont stop gaining heat, then stop.

Trifid, i have the same Mobo as you. I was reading the OC manual, it looks pretty fun and easy. How does it proform? Oh yeah, does that little temp screen work well??

i have had this pc for about a month, and only just started looking at its features. i really like the screen, for monitoring the system.

so far i havent really played with the overclocking, but it is really easy to go from default speed and settings to the overclocked one you want. e.g. to get turbo on, middle botton right botton right botton than middle botton. (press the right button until u get to the settings you want if you want something other than turbo.)

to change the o/c settings in windows there is a icon on the bottom right that has guru clock, black box, flash menu, oc guru and abit eq. and it is easy to change everything, as long as you know what you are doing (which i still learning to do)

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

Awesome, that looks like a sort of media player lol. I cant wait intil my system finally gets finished. I see you OC it a little 1.836, you should get that baby at 2.0ghz. Then you have yourself a 3200.

You want to keep full loads under 60C.

Heat DOES matter so Xteam I wouldn't really phrase it like you did. 80C is WAY too hot and most of the AMD64's automatic thermal shutdown is at 70C

It would be worth it to invest in some aftermarket cooling if you want to overclock especially

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom