PC Boot Issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Auman

Baseband Member
Hey,

Okay, well I am in the process of building my new PC (actually all I need now is a new HDD and more RAM), but anyways, I took the DDR333 out of my current motherboard, and put it into my new PC, the new motherboard takes 333/400, so I don't think that is the problem. And I also took my HDD from this computer and put it into my new one, just for temporary use.

New PC Specs:

Socket LGA775 Pentium 4 3.0Ghz Hyper Threading Technology 1MB L2 Cache.
Socket LGA775 Motherboard.
24bit, 7.1 channel Creative Sound Blaster sound card.
XFX GeForce 6600 256MB graphics card.
Broadway case, 7 expansion slots, 4 front drive bays, LCD Temp Display, 500W P4 Ready PSU.
New CD-RW drive.
2x 80mm fans, 1x 120mm fan, 1x Air duct for cooling.

Now the problem,

Okay, well I put it all together fine (I think) and plugged it all in, turned on the PSU, then booted up the PC. At first, it ran perfectly fine for about 20seconds, I got into BIOS, then it ran for a bit, then just shut down. So I booted it up again, and then it shut down withing about 10seconds, booted again, shut down in about 5seconds, again and it just shut down. I am not sure what the problem is exactly... One thing I do know is that the power lead from my PSU to my motherboard was 2 prongs to short, but it did fit in, just leaving two prong slots on the end open. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it, or not... But if you have any suggestions on why this is doing this, please let me know.

Thank you for any help,

-Chris :confused:

yeah you can get 20 to 24pin adapters from a place like www.svc.com I believe.

Some PSU's like the thermaltake 560w PSU I have came with one.

Okay,

So what you're saying is that I need to get an adapter for it to fit? And that picture looks exactly correct. I'll go and look for an adapter right now. Thanks for all your help!

:D Chris

Okay, well I ordered my cable, thanks for all the advice guys. So then this should fix the problem correct?

Thanks

;) Auman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom